Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Synopsis

The year is 1913 in Shanghai, just after the fall of the Qing dynasty. Li Suet-foong, a sharp-tongued struggling artist ... Akecheta Lung, a notorious gun-for-hire ... 

Radically different in almost every way, their attraction to one another defies all logic and their love deepens. Amid all the chaos and lawlessness in the city besieged by warlords, Suet-foong and Akecheta begin a new life and take their uncompromising devotion to the next level with no inkling that their time together is ending ... fast.  

Chapter 1 - A Phoenix Comes A-Calling (1)



Her name was Li Suet-foong. She was only twenty-three years old when she died. I affectionately called her my sugarplum; she cheekily baptized me a dumdum. She was beautiful like an angel and fairer than the morning dew. I do not recall her complimenting on my good looks though - I vainly believe I belong to the tall, dark and handsome category. Her love for adventure suited me just fine as danger is my business. Winter was her favorite season. I asked her why. With a smile she replied she loved the snow, the mandarin oranges and the lunar New Year. On top of that, she loved me.

2 comments:

  1. Adding some images would fire up the imagination!!!! Great writing, Arthur!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roland! Yeah, am going to do that later on. Right now, I am still learning how to blog properly!

      Delete