Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chapter Four - (6)



"Interesting," said Suet-foong when I showed her the article. She had just come out of the bathroom wearing a pair of striped pajamas. She smelled of carnations.

"Yes, indeed it is."

"You know what is even more interesting?"

My curiosity was piqued. "No. What?"

She passed me back the newspaper and pointed at the spot where the name of the reporter was printed. "It was Chen Yi-seng who filed in the story. He was the dead man we saw back in the woods!"

"You're quick-sighted as a cat! I was so engrossed with the false reporting that I didn't notice his name."

"I see a conspiracy of the highest level," she opined, snuggling happily under the covers of her bed. She was her turn to sound like Sherlock Holmes. "I see someone hiring Chen Yi-seng to concoct a fictional tale and killing him afterward so that the truth would not be be revealed."

"Your point is well taken," I said, reading the news once more. "But why is he doing this?"

"I see this mastermind to be a very slick, cunning person. I see this as an attempt to lure you out in the open to be killed as well."

"A commendable perception. I applaud to that. And I've a strong hunch this mastermind is none other than President Yuan. How do you see it?"

There was no reply.

"I said how do you see it?"

No reply again. I tore myself away from the paper and looked at her. She was already snoring like a trooper.

"I see a sleeping beauty," I chortled.

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment