Friday, October 3, 2014

Chapter Five - (2)


We were pretty much alone at this time. The gentle breeze was caressing our faces. I moved my right arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. Then I kissed her again. It was our first kiss - her soft, warm lips tasted like the sweetness of an apple. It was a beautiful long kiss; I felt as if time had stood still. The memory of this moment would last forever in my mind.

The next thing I knew we were merrily running along the lakeshore. I was in front, Suet-foong a couple of paces behind; we were playing a game of tag. We zoomed past an elderly couple who smiled and gave us the thumbs-up. We waved at them, giggling like little children. Frankly, at our ages, we looked kind of silly indulging in this kiddy activity but we played it anyway - it was jolly good fun. We ran and ran until we collapsed onto the soft sand in total exhaustion; we must have run at least three miles!

"I ... I have never run so far in my whole life," said Suet-foong, gasping for air. "What were you trying to do? Tired me out so that you can molest me without resistance?"

"Yeah, the temptation was there," I replied, puffing like a leaky steam pipe.

"You sex maniac!"

"What happened to 'dumdum'?"

She laughed. "That too!"

"Gee, I am so blessed," I said, trying my best to keep a straight face.

Contentment, peace, and serenity - these feelings overwhelmed us as we lay side by side on the sand, gazing at the orange-hued sky. The sun was drowning in the horizon, its glimmering rays making the green hills coppery in the sunset. A flock of swallows flew above us, their scimitar wings slashing the air as they went. The moaning wind was cold, spearing through our thick clothing and prickling our skins.

"Time to go," I said, getting up. "It's going to be dark soon."

"I'm still bushed!"

"But we have rested long enough to catch our breaths."

"Hey, I am not as fit as you."

"Okay, okay. In this case, I'll carry you back."

"Would you please?" she said, extending her hands.

"You want me to carry you back, you sneaky bugger!" I cried when I saw through her little game.

She nodded, batting her eyes and flashing her most angelic smile at me, melting my heart like April snow - how could I refuse? I lifted her up, and as she clung on my back, arms loosely about my neck, legs clasped tightly under my arms, we made our journey back to the pavilion. Luckily she was not heavy.

"Ake, suppose I weigh two hundred pounds, would you still carry me?" she asked as though she knew what I was thinking.


To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment